Sunday 10 November 2013

Handmade Project : My Childhood Game, Five Stones


Earlier this week, I watched an episode of Running Man (Korea Variety Show)
They were playing "gonggi" which is what we called as "Five stones" in Singapore.

Below is a screenshot of Runningman ep. 110


Five stones game is commonly played in Singapore. 
Almost every kid played this before, especially since our elementary school bookstores sell them. 
I used to play with my friends after school in our canteen.

Such a beautiful childhood memory :)

So I chose my favourite polka dot fabric and make decided to make a set for myself this afternoon.

It is fun and easy to make.

Each pouch is filled with rice, but you may use either rice or beans. 
Now, I got really excited and shall try out my "five stones" skills :)



To know how to play, you can try searching it in youtube. 
There is so many different way to play, you can even create or design your own method.
If I have the time, I shall post my way of playing five stones :)

Have a good day ! 

Signing off,
 Joey 
www.sureddoya.etsy.com



No comments:

Post a Comment