Tuesday 25 March 2014

Handmade Project : Drawstring Backpack


Good morning ! 

Today I will be using the fabric I bought from Tokyo.

After much consideration, I decided to make a drawstring backpack for myself.
It will be meant to transport items and to carry my belongings while I'm riding my bicycle.

There is a reservoir near where I'm staying and further down the cycling path, it will lead me to the sea.
It is a nice place to relax while enjoying the sea breeze.
-

San- X -  Sumikkogurashi

This fabric that I bought from Tokyo is copyrighted, which mean it is only for personal use and not for sale.
They are quite new from Sanx and they are so adorable when I see their toys in Tokyo.


Here's a photo of my fabric before I cut them out. 
They are so pretty that I don't mind buying a bolt just to display on my shelves where I keep all my fabrics.






The fabric quality is really good but I still prefer to add a lining to it.
I am using pastel or light green for the lining. Pastel green lining matches the main fabric perfectly and make it even more lovely !






Overall, I am really happy with my new bag.

Ta-dah!
** My personal drawstring backpack **








Another great achievement made in my sewing journey !

Hope you too, make or learnt a new skill today.

Have a great day ahead !

:)

Signing off,
Joey




No comments:

Post a Comment