Saturday 13 December 2014

DIY Fish Pillow

"Christmas Special"


DIY Project for everyone

15 mins DIY Gift idea

Recently, I have been fishing every weekend so I decided to make a fish pillow out of fun. I found some fat quarters folded in the drawers and a big pack of stuffing lying under my bed. I decided to make full use of them. In an instant, a fish pillow was made. I love it so much ! It's adorable and can be use as wrist rest.

Fish Pillow

What you'll need: 
- 1 fat quarter
- 1 pack of stuffing
- Tracing / butter paper
- Chalk pencil
- Threads & needle
- Sewing machine

Step 1:

Fold the tracing paper into half and draw a fish shape.



Step 2:

Cut out the fish.



Step 3:

Pin the pattern paper on the fabric. Make sure you have iron flat the fabric and the fabric is folded with right side facing each other.

Step 4:

Use chalk pencil to draw the seam allowance according to the pattern.

Step 5: 

Sew around the fish and leave about 2 inch at the tail so we can put in stuffing later.



Step 6: 

Sew the fish using the sewing machine.


Step 7:

Turn inside out and start putting in stuffing. This is my favourite part as we can add the amount to our preferences.


Ta-dah !! It is done. Isn't it adorable ?






Start making yours today !

Have a great weekend ahead !


Signing off,
Joey
www.sureddoya.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment