Saturday 5 July 2014

NEEDLE FELT - CATS

Felting is just as hard as I thought.

The beginner packs are really easy and fun. 
I felt a sense of achievement right after I have completed all three little heads - Panda, Cat, Dog.

Next, I tried an advance pack and failed totally.
So I returned back into the beginner pack.

I found out I may have failed because I didn't get the instruction right since it is in Japanese and I got the size wrong. :X


First I start off with the base, beige felt



Then, I wrapped with the yellow felt. 
Actually I have no idea why we can't use yellow right in the beginning..hmmm


Next, I proceed to do the ears. 


Ta-dah, after 2.5 hours of felting.
It is completed.



What a big different in size ! 
No wonder the eyes can't fit on the small cat, and I have to use the ones I bought in Japan.



I love the tail ! 
I think it looks alot better this time round :)


Practice and more practice so I can move on to the advance designs.

Felting lessons are available in Singapore.
For those who are interested, you can sign up at Spotlight or Golden dragon store.


Signing off,
Joey




No comments:

Post a Comment