Saturday 26 July 2014

Needle Felt Kit : Onigiri Magnet


HELLO EVERYONE !!!

Today I got a new needle felt kit !

Other than origiri, there are eggplant and tomato.

The kit comes with a magnet so I thought this project are rather useful too. 


This is a beginner pack.
Perfect kit for new starters who would like to try out needle felting.

At first needle felting is rather tough, and I didn't enjoy it very much as I wasted the materials and it looks really awful. I also got hurt quite a few times from all those poking*.

But with the right project, I realised needle felting can be easy and fun.

Let's get started :

(below) the cardboard is included in the kit.
Although the instructions are in Japanese, there are diagrams to helps you understand how to get the right sizing.



I'll be making the onigiri first.
So I shaped it into a triangle and taped it.


Simply stuff the felt into it and start poking ~ 
Remember to turn to another side as well.

 After you get the shape, poke the sides as well.




The tricky part for me is always the face.


I always have difficulties putting a smile on, so I hope this onigiri doesn't look weird.

By the way the red nose reminds me of snowman, especially when the onigiri happens to be white.

That's all for today. 

Have a great weekend everyone ! 


Signing off,
Joey



No comments:

Post a Comment